So we have a condo that we currently rent and are looking to sell, but it’s been a while since it’s been updated. Luckily, the tenant was away on holiday and said it was fine for us to go in and spruce up the place for photos. Less luckily, the walls hadn’t been painted since Keith bought the place in his ‘bachelor days’.
What we did:
- Took down everything off the walls.
- Packed up everything from the furniture and kitchen counter surfaces into boxes, each labelled according to its requisite room.
- Moved out all the furniture from the living room and the clothes, dresser and tables from the bedroom (left the bed).
- Took down the light fixtures off the bedroom walls and kitchen ceiling (it was time for a Craigslist find!).
- All of the furniture fit in a panel van and we stored the extra pieces for a few months at a storage place. No stress, slightly less moving things in and out of places.
Then we brought in new furniture (ours, from the basement with a few living room pieces you may recognize…)
Then the painters started. It took them from 8am to 4pm. They used good paint. Which helped with the number of coats they had to do, cause we admit it, the grey was a pain in the ass to cover. It was 2-3 coats total (some walls took a bit more). And now… the REVEAL…
The entire process of moving stuff out, painting, cleaning, moving the stuff back in and arranging it all… 2 days. 2 of us and 2 painters. By Sunday night? Absolutely knackered. Advice for next time? Make sure you have massages booked at the end. Lots of stuff is gonna be achy.
Need staging for your place or just some goddamn help already?
Get in touch!